Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thank God for Amy

Amy Carmichael is my heroine! Although I cannot imagine leaving America right now because of all the work I feel needs to be done reaching girls in the city where I live; it does leave me wondering where I'll be when I let God really have His way with me :) Oh, dear! You will be there, my reader, my witness to see God work His work. Here and now, I have really ordinary tasks. Nothing like shaping your attitude in the base things as Amy Carmichael has said herself

"If by doing some work which the undiscerning consider 'not spiritual work'I can best help others, and I inwardly rebel, thinking it is the spiritual for which I crave, when in truth it is the interesting and exciting, then I know nothing of Calvary love,"

If I can work at base things with a heart full with love, I know that this yes this is what the Father wants for me, and knowing this He may choose to use me later, how He will, whatever that may be. Be patient little child.

No comments: